Reference Number: HRJ7366
Location: San Diego, California
Judson Group has partnered with a growing boutique RIA with $500MM+ AUM in the search for a Director of Operations. The Director of Operations reports directly to the COO and is an integral member of the management team. The Director of Operations will both manage teams and projects, while also be a hands-on leader.
The role spans a broad array of responsibilities including overseeing client support teams, running operational processes (billing and reporting) and functional areas (i.e., Information Technology, Compliance), as well as providing corporate support for M&A activity and business planning.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced operations manager to grow down the COO path long-term, working closely with the firm’s current COO to support continued growth.
- Responsible for the firm’s day-to-day operations, financial administration, HR administration, technology support and compliance oversight.
- Run process and projects with an eye for growth and scale with clear goals and structure.
- Implement best-practice processes related to the firm’s operations and in support of the firm’s other departments including client data, employee changes, and investment functions including portfolio accounting and trading.
- Work with Leadership team to set the strategic direction of the firm.
- Maintain compliance program, controls and audits, and regulatory protocols.
- Implement process in support of human resource functions including performance management, talent development, compensation, and administration matters.
- Overall responsibility for business operations including vendor relations, service contracts maintenance, technology support, etc.
- Own and deliver technology enhancements and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for all performance reporting, billing, asset raises, date reporting, and back-office procedures.
- Develop strong networks and relationships among stakeholders and all members of the firm to create operational efficiencies.
- 10+ years of operations experience within a wealth management firm required. Experience at a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or designations preferred.
- Knowledge of financial services operational functions, terminology, and software – TD Ameritrade, Orion, and Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- Superior management and collaboration skills including the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Organized and detail oriented while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits
San Diego, California
Reference Number: HRJ7366