Reference Number: MHH7378
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland
Judson Group has partnered with a highly regarded independent wealth management firm in Hunt Valley, MD in the search for a Director of Operations. The firm is well respected for their commitment to building client relationships and providing expertise and solutions to meet client needs. This individual will be a key member of the firm’s management team, reporting to the President and Senior Partners, and will oversee operations within the middle and back office. The role spans a broad array of responsibilities including overseeing client support teams, running operational processes (performance reporting) and functional areas (i.e., Information Technology, Human Resources).
The ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, get-it-done mentality, knowledge of the operations process in the RIA/wealth environment, and the ability to be a strategic thought leader and drive change to ensure the firm is well-run.
- Responsible for the firm’s day-to-day operations, trading, financial department, HR administration, and compliance.
- Responsible for oversight of the firm’s operations team members ensuring goals and objectives are met.
- Assist with human resource functions including performance management, talent development, payroll, benefits, and administration matters.
- Assist with the process and implementation of the firm’s compliance program.
- Responsible for performance reporting, billing, and back-office procedures.
- Manage client meeting set up, calendars, budgets, and various forms of communication.
- Oversee technology resources and processes as they pertain to the client experience and operations.
- Manage all new and existing vendor relationships, billing, and invoicing.
- Manage client experience operations metrics and key performance indicators to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Evaluate, design, and enhance the client experience through long-term strategic initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement new processes and procedures to increase operational efficiency day-to-day.
- 5+ years of operational experience within a wealth/RIA setting required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of basic financial services operational functions, terminology, and software.
- Superior management and collaboration skills including the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Organized and detail oriented while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High degree of customer service, confidentiality, and urgency.
Strong base salary, bonus, and benefits package.
Hunt Valley, Maryland
Reference Number: MHH7378