Reference Number: HRJ7545
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Judson Group has partnered with a $5B+ independent financial planning and investment advisory firm in the search for a Financial Manager. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. The Financial Manager will be responsible for all accounting activities and financial reporting to Leadership. They will also be responsible for all payroll and employee benefit related actions, as well as advisor production data and payout rate implementation.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a financials-focused individual looking support a leading financial advisory firm. They will have the autonomy to really make this role their own, including finding new ways to improve the accounting processes.
- Prepare advisor billing from corporate invoices and services ensuring costs are charged back appropriately.
- Calculates service charges and manages accounts receivable including collections, tracking and reporting to management.
- Post accounts receivable and receivable transactions using QuickBooks and Excel.
- Responsible for timely payment of accounts payable and reporting to management.
- Conducts regular detailed audits of payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, benefits and other related records.
- Responsible for accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial report generation to management.
- Monitor daily cash flow and line of credit usage.
- Reconciles bank, payroll and commission/fee accounts.
- Manages rent model accounting and reporting.
- Works with firm management to establish annual budget. Tracks and reports on budget progress throughout year.
- Process employee time, commissions, salary payments and related withholdings.
- Compiles, prepares and maintains payroll reports and statistics using ADP’s payroll service, Access, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Posts payroll data and prepares reports and or/payments to government agencies, insurance companies and others.
- Calculates and processes one off compensation checks, reviews, edits and makes corrections and adjustments as needed.
- Manages annual benefit renewals working with management to make final decisions.
- Manages enrollment and maintains records for insurance benefits, retirement plan and other coverage or plans for employees and eligible dependents. Processes enrollment forms and provides assistance and information to employees.
- Communicates benefit and renewal information to employees.
- Manages implementation of management approved advisor payout changes.
- Tracks advisor production and reporting data.
- 3+ years of financial reporting/accounting experience.
- 1+ years of basic human resource policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of GAAP, journal entries, financial statements, payroll, and bookkeeping required.
- Experience with employee benefits required.
- Strong Excel and Access skills required.
- Organized and detail oriented while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits
Reference Number: HRJ7545