Reference Number: HRJ7377
Location: Redwood City, California
Judson Group has partnered with a growing independently held RIA in the search for a Director of Financial Planning. This individual is responsible for the ongoing management of the financial planning staff, processes, and technology, as well as the ongoing management of existing client relationships and the retention of clients. This role also provides comprehensive financial planning support to Advisors and clients.
The ideal candidate will have strong financial planning experience with demonstrated ability to develop and manage financial plans, support client relationships, and manage people and processes.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced planner to join a rapidly growing firm as part of the strategic leadership team. There is strong upside for the right candidate and the ability to make a large impact both for the team and for the end clients being serviced.
- Oversee and manage the financial planning team including training, coaching, performance reviews, troubleshooting, and setting goals/expectations.
- Provide fiduciary support for the financial planning needs of clients.
- Act as a liaison between the financial planning team, Advisors, Operations, other team Leads and Management.
- Develop and manage client relationships through client communication, client meetings, and marketing and business development objectives.
- Generate objective, unbiased, innovative ideas and solutions to problems by using accurate logic and analysis, effectively using financial and quantitative information and models.
- Prepare all retirement forecasts, cash flow analyses, in-depth tax planning analyses, investment analyses, education funding forecasts, insurance analyses, estate planning scenarios, etc.
- Lead client meetings and present plans recommendations.
- Oversee the financial planning process and systems including technology, strategies, and overall client experience.
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- CFP required.
- 5+ years of client-facing experience with an RIA or family office preferred.
- Strong demonstrated financial planning experience.
- Experience with CRM, financial planning software, and portfolio accounting software.
- Proven people leader, with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive base salary plus and bonus plus benefits package.
Redwood City, California
Reference Number: HRJ7377