Reference Number: HRJ6233
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Judson Group has been retained by a leading, independently owned investment firm with over $19B AUM in the search for a Portfolio Manager. The Portfolio Manager works with individual, family, small foundations and/or trust account clients and manages investment relationships consistent with the established investment objectives and strategies of the Company and/or the client.
- Manages and constructs personal investment portfolios of individual stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds designed to achieve client financial goals.
- A strong focus on managing and enhancing client account relationships, with dual responsibility for soliciting new business, as well as inheriting client relationships within the department.
- Contributes to decision making at the strategy and portfolio level through our team decision making process.
- Develop client investment policy with the appropriate risk/return parameters for stocks, bonds and cash.
- Plan the overall investment strategy of the client’s investment portfolio, providing individual tailored solutions and employing technical advice as may be required.
- Develops and implements financial planning strategies for clients.
- Stay up to date on macro and micro trends using research and resources. Understand how individual securities in the portfolios are put together and how the securities work together to mitigate risk and capital gains. Assess individual securities and prepare block trades for changes in asset allocation.
- Log all client contact in Salesforce.
- Respond to changing needs of clients as they meet milestones in their lives (college, wedding, retirement, large purchases, and liquidity events.)
- Reports to Director of Wealth Management
- 10+ years of investment management and overall wealth management experience, including servicing affluent/high-net-worth clientele
- College degree in related field; advanced degree preferred
- In-depth investment knowledge with a passion for investments
- Demonstrated success in portfolio management and research
- Ability to make critical decisions independently and manage diverse, simultaneous responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Highly developed communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation)
- Well versed in income tax, estate tax, and various charitable gifting rules and strategies. Should also understand various qualified plan rules.
- Strong sales and relationship management/client service skills
- General proficiency in computer and database applications including Salesforce
- Adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Facilitate the open exchange of information among our investment professionals
- Demonstrates ongoing professional development
- CFA or CFP Designation preferred
Competitive base salary and benefits
Reference Number: HRJ6233